Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eating Small Portions and Why It Is Important

We all heard of it, eating smaller portions throughout the day. A lot of us still do not do this and stick to the 3 square meals a day. Even worse, just eating breakfast then nothing until dinner and pigging out until you lay on your stomach on the couch wishing you didn't feel like you were about to blow up. Sound familiar? We all have done this a few times in our lives. Myself included.

One day about 8 years ago I realized that I felt crappy everyday and made a lifestyle change of eating healthier and working out. I started reading Oxygen and Fitness magazines and started getting ideas about the way I should be eating. Not only did I start eating healthier, I started to eat 5 to 6 smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours and not only did I have more energy, I started to get leaner. I thought it was a great bonus, I felt like I was eating more and with the combination of exercise I started losing body fat! So to make a long story short, I still eat this way to this day. I will never skip breakfast, especially since it is my favorite meal of the day. So on a normal day when I am not doing a crazy diet for my next competition this is how my eating day looks like:

8am 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 scoop protein powder topped with soy milk, 4-5 scrambled egg whites
10am 3 ounces of chicken or tuna, 1 small apple or 1/2 a grapefruit
12pm 3 ounces of chicken or tuna, asparagus, and 3 ounces of yams
3pm spinach salad with 3 ounces of chicken, 1 tbsp of raisins, with cucumber, 10 almonds and a splash of balsamic vinegar
5pm chocolate protein shake blended with 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
7pm 3 ounces of fish or chicken with 3 ounces of yams, or with a greens of some sort9pm 4-5 egg whites or protein shake if I am still hungry
This looks like a lot of eating, but if you portion everything right and with the combination of exercise you will see results. Just give it time and never give up! I won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment