So summer is finally upon us! Break out the sunscreen and swimsuits! I know a lot of people that quit working out in the summer so they can enjoy sitting on the patio with drinks, or laying by their pool. Why quit working out? Isn't that the time we want our bodies to look the best? Instead of quiting your workouts for 3 months, why not start a summer activity? Here are some ideas for everyone to try:
1. Rollerblading. Depending on your speed or how hilly the course is, you can burn up to 700 calories an hour.
2. Shoot hoops. Grab a few friends and play around for 1 hour. Can burn up to 400 calories.
3. Go dancing. Pick any kind of dancing, salsa, hip hop or even belly dancing. Even at home to your favorite music(no one is watching!) Burns up to 3oo calories.
4. Join a league. Play tennis, racquetball or volleyball and burn roughly 500 calories an hour.
5. Run outside. Not only you get to be out in the nice weather, you can burn between 400-600 calories depending on how you push yourself and if you run up hills.
6. Swimming in the lake. Great workout that forces you to use every major muscle group. When doing laps at a mild to moderate consistent pace, you can expect to burn about 100 calories in 12-15 minutes.
7. Outdoor stair walking/running. Very hard exercise, but a great lower body blaster. You can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes, but if you run them you can double that number.
Have fun and have a great, fit summer!