Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, September 14, 2009

Bad food, it's everywhere!

It is funny, the last few weeks since I have been strictly eating clean foods I have been noticing my surroundings more. What I have been noticing is all the bad food staring at us in the face everywhere we turn. Of course I have noticed this before but right now it is so much more to me. No wonder people are tempted to make bad choices!

I walk into a gas station for some gum, and WHAM! Oh Henry, Kit Kat, Snickers, Licorice, M&M's, Butter Finger, Coffee Crisp, cookies to go, chocolate covered candy, chocolate covered raisins and peanuts, caramel coated this and that. Then I turn the other way and the greasy smell of Triple O's White Spot hits me in the face. Driving down the street there is McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Boston Pizza, Fat Burger, Tim Hortons, Burger King. Just the name of Fat Burger makes me want to
run and scream in the opposite direction.

I go to the grocery store and same thing at the cash register. Chocolate bars, candy, cookies, pop. Then I start looking at other people's groceries, and there it is. Hundreds of dollars of bad food in their cart. Frozen food, cakes, cookies, pop, bags of chips, pre-made everything. Wow, I think to myself "have I always been so critical when it comes to food?"

It is not a wonder why people are so unhealthy these days. Bad choices are pushed into our faces all the time, food and other things. Yes we do have a lot of bad things that are happening in the world right now, but obesity is one of them. I see very young kids that weight much more than I do in these stores with their parents and throwing a tantrum because they want that bag of chips or that chocolate bar. Instead of taking their kids outside and having a talk with them, they give up and let their kids open that bag of chips to shut them up.

Having a treat once or twice per week is one thing, but having a treat once or twice a day is another. I know I have said this before and I will say it over and over, there is no excuse. Get your food ready on Sunday for the week, then when you open the fridge you will have lots of healthy options to get you through your day. Do not think of it as a "diet" think of it as a healthy lifestyle. Do not fool yourself, I am not perfect. Competition time I am, but when I am not competing I will have pizza or ice cream on the weekend. I love those kind of goodies just as much as the next person, I just choose not to eat that way every day.

So think about it, do you want to live longer? Do you want to fight diseases by living healthier? Do you want to be there for your kids and set a good example? The choice is yours to make and it is never too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment