Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Sunday, February 28, 2010

In My Kitchen

Today I decided to blog about what is in my kitchen and what I eat. I would like to show everyone that healthy food does not have to be hard to make.

Tonight I decided to prep all my food for the week which was chicken that I threw on the bbq for 20 minutes with my husband's homemade cajun seasonings, I microwaved yams and cooked up brown rice in the rice cooker. Really, it did not take too much time. The chicken took a little longer to prep because I like to butterfly the chicken so it cooks faster. I also love cooking up my meat on the barbecue, tastes so much better! 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes on the bbq. Yams were huge so the took about 25 minutes in the microwave, flipping them once half way through. Rice was the easiest part which I cooked 1/2 cup with 1 cup water for 45 minutes in the cooker, no hassle there.



This is inside my fridge and freezer. I have a lot of vegetables and egg whites and also have bags of washed lettuce and cabbage for all the salads I have been eating lately. That is the part that I do not enjoy is washing lettuce! So when I do it, I make sure I have lots so I do not have to do it everyday. I do have a jug of crystal light which I normally do not drink, but I am trying to drink more fluids to prepare for my competition in 4 weeks and sometimes that is a nice treat to make water less boring. I also have natural peanut butter, but I am not eating it right now because of my competition diet. That is for my husband.






I also like to have frozen veggies and fish to take out for when I want to eat them. I used to buy fresh fish, but I rather just have it frozen so I can take out a few portions.



Also other things I really like to have around in my cupboards is cans of tuna, salmon and beans, also almond butter, oatmeal, oatbran, almonds and rice cakes. I love breakfast and I love to eat oatmeal or oatbran in the morning. Keeps me full and gets me going in the morning because I am a very grouchy person first thing, lol. I will mix my oatmeal with either a bit of chocolate protein powder sprinkled with cocoa and stevia or I add a few raisins, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened apple sauce and cinnamon. Yummy!





And here is my dinner tonight, which I ate late at 8:30pm so I just ate veggies and protein. 3 oz of chicken, romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peas, cucumbers, and balsamic vinegar. It was good!



Hope you had fun with my kitchen tour! And remember, healthy food is not hard to prepare or purchase and you will feel better than eating prepackaged or processed foods.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I loved seeing all your clean eats! Your fridge looks so organized too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! I guess my fridge is pretty organized :)

    ReplyDelete