Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, September 13, 2010

Ok, One More before the Year is Over!!

Well, I am at it again!

Maybe some of you think I am crazy, maybe I am a little crazy. Obviously I have competition fever and I need to do another one before my next show in May of 2011. I don't want to wait that long until my next show!!

I know, some of you out there think that one, maybe two per year is plenty...and really I think so too. But I have remained very lean all year and have been actually having fun playing around with new ways to prep and what I can do with my body. I have learned a lot this year with competition prep with my own body, even though this next show will be number 8 for me in 3 years.

I have seen it all, the unhealthy ways people prep. Starvation, hours and hours of working out, and other things that I will not get into. My last show really opened my eyes, making me wonder "what the hell are people doing to themselves to feel so shitty?" The last show was unbelievable as to how many girls were passing out and throwing up back stage. I have never EVER felt like that. I never got cramps, never felt dizzy, never felt starving, never dehydrated myself to the point that I am in an ambulance. Never have I felt this way and this is the year I have looked and felt my best on stage!

I gained 5 pounds over the summer, indulging in a little red wine here and there (my nemesis) but it is only 5 pounds and I was not expecting to change my mind about competing again this year. I ate more carbohydrates because during competition prep, carbs are pretty low for me. When you deplete yourself that much, you will gain some weight. I was determined not to gain more because having to lose a bunch of weight for a show really does suck. I can't even imagine having to lose 20 or more pounds and feel sorry for anyone who does.

I was working out with 2 friends on Saturday, and I realized that I feel super excited to do the show! My friend called me a geek, and I just laughed because she is right. Not many people get excited to have to lose weight, deprive themselves of life's little indulgences (like chocolate and wine), do more cardio and travel to a show. I never felt like this before so I am surprised that I do.

Obviously this is a passion to me, and I love to see how far I can push myself, and how much leaner I can get naturally, and how much muscle I can put on. I am determined to be the best that I can be, and also make a name for myself in this industry. I know that some people have no problem doing this for themselves, and seems like some people just get everything handed to them. Not me. I work damn hard for everything in my life. Not just competitions, but everything. I am a fighter, I push my way to the top and I make things happen for myself.

I have big plans for myself in the future, maybe some think that my plans are impossible or not achievable by any means, but frankly, I don't care! I really don't care about judgements that others have about my choices or the way I live my life. I love to work out, I love to push those weights, I love having muscle and I love to live my life the way I want to. I do not care for negative people in my life and choose not to have them around. It doesn't matter to me if you do not have the same passions in life like I do, if we get along and have a great time together, that is all that matters to me!

So here I am, just over 8 weeks out and I am prepping for the show. I have wanted to do the Sandra Wickham Fall Classics for 2 years now, and I am finally doing it! I can't wait to rock that stage and show everyone what I got!

See you there

No comments:

Post a Comment