Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner 2010

This year I decided to host Thanksgiving dinner at my place and make all the food myself. I am surprised with myself these days because I am starting to like cooking, which I never did in the past. Since I am competing in less than 5 weeks, I wanted to have the traditional Turkey dinner with a healthy twist added and it was great! This is what my menu looked like:

                                                     Appetizers


                                                   Roasted Red Pepper Dip

                                                Black Bean Hummus Dip
                                                Roasted Red Pepper Dip
                                                Black Bean Curry Crackers
                                               Assorted Gluten Free Crackers
                                               Boursin Cheese

                                                    Dinner

Turkey baked with onion, parsley and lemon
                                                 
                                                  Stove Top Stuffing
                                                  Turkey
                                                  Cresent Rolls
                                                  Garlic and Parsley Mashed Potatoes
                                                  Carrot Salad
                                                  BBQ Assorted Veggies and Yams
                                                  Stuffed Baked Pumpkin with Veggies and Apples
                                                  Devilled Eggs
                                                  Cranberry Sauce


                                                                         Dessert

                                                               Crustless Pumpkin Pie

                                                   Double Layered Pumkin Pie
                                                   Crustless Pumpkin Pie
                                                   Fruit Platter

Most of this was made by me. The only things that were store bought were the stove top stuffing, cresent rolls, cheese and assorted crackers. I actually made the black bean curry crackers myself, gluten free!

Basically the cheese, cresent rolls, stuffing and double layered pumpkin pie were really the only unhealthy options there full of fat and sugar, lol! I made the crustless pumpkin pie so I can actually have dessert. Devilled eggs had very little mayo in them and the garlic mashed potatoes actually did not have too much butter in them and made with non fat milk. I stuck to the yams myself :)

The dips that I made were super healthy with  no added oils, sugar or sodium. They were very tasty! I made the cranberry sauce myself with Splenda and no one even noticed the difference, fooled them all!

If you would like any of these recipes, please email me at akronebusch@ymail.com

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. wow what a great idea!
    I would love to have the recipe for the crustless pumpkin pie I am in search of a good one for thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete