Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Sunday, November 7, 2010

5 More Days Until The Sandra Wickham Fall Classic

5 days to go and I got through my first day of no carbs and 6 litres of water. I always think this will be hard, but it actually is not as hard as it sounds. Food gets boring, but I keep myself busy because really, it is short term and not a big deal. Water loading gets hard, and running to the bathroom every 10 minutes can get embarrassing, lol!

This time I will be trying something a little different, and continue carb depleting until late Friday night. My husband told me all year that I "peak" early and my abs seem to go flat in the morning show. I always start carb loading Friday morning so I am hoping this makes a difference.

This type of sport is always about trial and error and learning what works for your body. Everyone is different and different things work for everyone. It wasn't until the WBFF Alberta Championships that I actually depleted carbs for 7 days straight. Usually I only do 4 or 5 because it freaks me out to not eat carbs for that long, but I finally got over this and it sure paid off at my last competition (1st place!) when my abs looked like bricks on my stomach.

I am hoping to place top 3 and qualify for BC Provincials next year since I missed qualifications in Kelowna by 1 placing(placed 4th). I actually do not like to tell the world what I want to place because I do not want to let myself down, and maybe call me superstitious, but I don't like to jinx myself!

I guess I will find out what happens on Saturday night, if I do not place top 3, I still have a shot next year in Kelowna.

Wish me luck xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment