Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Never Give Up

I have been having a heck of a time with injuries lately! I hurt my lower back riding a horse in Mexico over a month ago, and it is still giving me grief. Also my rotator cuffs are weak and my deltoids have been over-compensating for them, now I am on week #2 of no shoulder workouts. I am icing my back as I type this, hoping the inflamation will finally go away. My next option is massage therapy.

I was quite upset last week when my chiropractor told me that I should avoid shoulder exercises right now, which I had a hard time wrapping my head around this since I am trying to put size on my shoulders for my next competition which is in about 18 weeks. This week I am feeling better about this situation, and my shoulders feel better as well. I am working on some rehabilitation exercises and hoping this will resolve my problem, since it is not too serious right now.

I am just thankful that this is not affecting my other workouts, and I am still training the rest of me with heavy weights hoping to put on some size. But I am a little cautious when it comes to chest workouts since the shoulders are very involved while working chest.

Even though I am injured right now, this is for some reason making me even more motivated with my workouts. I am hitting back, arms and legs hard right now and trying new things that I am really enjoying! I am training abs different right now using  more resistance, and even though I have put on some weight over the winter months, my abs still look pretty good! This is making me wonder how my abs will look when I lean out for my next competition....

While I blog about this, my injuries made me realize that you should never give up on your goals. Even though I cannot train shoulders right now and my lower back is a bit stiff at night, this is no reason for me to give up and cry about it. There is no reason for anyone to cry about the little things that life throws at you, because things can be much worse than some sort of annoying injury that can be fixed over time.

Whether you are fighting an injury, or have diabetes, high blood pressure, or need to lose 20, 40 or 100 pounds, giving up is not an option. Be strong and work through it. Remember, there is always someone out there that can help you in some way. Do not take your health for granted. Life is short, and we should be as fit and healthy as possible to live a long time. Enjoy life and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment