Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Friday, March 25, 2011

11 Years of Training and Still Going!

This year will be 11 years of continuous training for me! Over a decade ago(wow makes me sound old) I started training at the age of 23 because I realized I needed to do something for my health. I have talked about this quite a few times over the past few years, but people need to realize that I did not look like this before, and the way I look now is 11 years of hard work, dedication, motivation, determination and eating clean.

The biggest struggle for me was figuring out how to eat right, and I did this all by myself through research online and reading lots of fitness magazines. Now it is so easy for me and I do not have to think about how or what to eat, and over the years I have my favorite clean eating foods like oatmeal, yams, blueberries and egg whites.

My body was not genetically muscular, and for the first 5-6 years of training, my body developed muscles easily in certain areas like my biceps, triceps and quadriceps, everything else came with extremely hard work and a lot of hours spent in the gym lifting heavy and training hard.

I am writing this blog to remind myself how much hard work I have put into my body and how grateful I am to have achieved the look that I wanted when I started training 11 years ago. I am also writing this blog to remind others that this is possible to achieve with lots of hard work and dedication, and the biggest thing is to never give up. You CANNOT expect results in 1-2 months when it took me 6 years to even achieve half of what I look like right now.

First Competition 2008

I was 23 years old when I picked up my first Oxygen Magazine, looking at women like Monica Brant(who I had the pleasure of meeting last year), Jennifer Hendershott, Kim Dolan Leto and Jaime Eason. I was 23 years old when I decided I was going to look like these women and be up on stage one day. 11 years later I will be competing in my 9th competition and realize that I do look like these women.



Me and Monica at the WBFF Alberta Championships

If I can do this, so can you. Never give up, never back down, never lose focus on your goals and dreams. If I can go from an Oreo Blizzard Queen to a Muscle Machine, so can you!


My First Figure Win!

1 comment: