Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Friday, April 8, 2011

All About Breakfast!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! I have always enjoyed breakfast. Breakfast is exactly what it means, break-your-fast. Your body has fasted all night, so when you wake up, it is so important to feed your body the right nutrients it needs to kick start your metabolism and day!

Here are some great breakfast ideas:

1. Rolled oats with fruit and eggs: this is my favorite thing to eat in the morning, a hot bowl of oatmeal! Not that instant stuff you buy in a box, the real rolled oats that come in a big package. All I do is heat it up in the microwave with some water, add stevia to sweeten and top with cinnamon and blueberries! I also like to have a couple of fried or hard boiled eggs for added protein.

2. Chicken and egg white omlete with veggies: basically you dump your egg whites in a pan and add chopped chicken, whatever veggies you desire, flip and serve. Add some chopped avocado on top for some heart healthy fats!

3. Whole grain or ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter or almond butter: I do not eat bread too often, but if I do, I love my natural peanut butter on top! If you are not a peanut fan, top with some heart healthy natural almond butter packed with fiber and vitamin E.

4. Cottage cheese with fruit: I rather eat the dry cottage cheese because I don't like the creamy kind, but cottage cheese is a great alternative for breakfast. Packed with protein and calcium, add some blueberries, strawberries and some banana and you have a delicious breakfast that tastes more like dessert!

5. Oatmeal pancakes: this is a favorite in the bodybuilding world. This is how I make mine, in a blender I blend 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1tbsp unsweetened apple sauce, 1tbsp cocoa powder, cinnamon, stevia and flaxseeds. Heat a pancake pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the tablespoon full or make one big pancake. Fry 2 minutes on one side and about 1 minute on the other side. Top with apple sauce, or a home made fruit sauce!

6. Smoothie: make a healthy smoothie for breakfast with 1 cup almond milk or hemp milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, spinach, 1/2 cup egg whites and ice. Don't add too many liquids or you will have a very runny smoothie! You can add some protein powder if you like added protein.


7. Fried eggs and yam hashbrowns: make your weekend eggs and hashbrowns a little more healthy with yams! I love yams and one of my favortie healthy carbohydrates. So natural and good for you! Microwave them first until almost done and cut in cubes, fry them up with olive oil and add pepper and other spices. Yummy!!


Hope this gives some of you some great ideas!

1 comment:

  1. WOW we use the same oats haha I use Bobs Red Mill gluten free oats too!!! But I started using the quick cook ones because I can microwave them with frozen fruit and enjoy on my way to work!

    ReplyDelete