Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Want To Be Lean!

These are the words I hear every single day with my job, "I want to be lean" or "how do you get lean?"

There are so many articles and blog posts about this very topic, and they all say the same thing, exercise and eat clean. Basically that is all there is to it, but the tough part is to apply this to every day life.

If you want to be lean, you HAVE to change your eating habits and exercise more, PERIOD! I have said this time and time again, there is no magic pill and no short cuts to getting, and staying lean. Popping fat burners and ephedrine is not going to help, and honestly, these pills can be damaging to your health.



First thing first, clean out your kitchen! I don't mean bleach your fridge out and put your dishes in the dishwasher, I mean clean the junk food out of your kitchen. Throw it away, it is no good to anyone anyways. Get rid of the chips, ice cream, cookies, processed junk like boxed macaroni and cheese, white bread and pasta, sugary bars and cereal and sugar laden juices and pop.



When you go shopping, these are the items you should shop for:

-fresh fruit and vegetables
-lean meat like chicken, turkey or buffalo
- fish like salmon, tuna, halibut
-clean carbohydrates like yams, sweet potato, squash and rolled oats
-healthy fats like avocado, flax seeds, olive oil
-eggs and egg whites
-almond milk or rice milk
-dried beans or canned beans

Try to hit the gym 4-5x per week if you workout regularily. Switch up your workouts, lift heavier weights, incorporate interval training, get that heart rate up!

If you are new at the gym, start slow 3x per week. Try a group class, test out the cardio equipment, hire a trainer for a few sessions to learn how to use equipment and learn how to exercise properly. Do not copy others around you because they may be doing things wrong themselves and you don't want to have an injury to set you back.

Have a "treat" meal once per week that is it. I call it a treat meal because that is all it should be, a treat. If you start having a treat meal every other day, you will not make any changes in your body. Food should be looked at as fuel and nourishment for your body, not as pleasure. Change the way you look at food. If I were to eat for pleasure, I would be eating cookies and chocolate all the time, but to me it is not worth the health consequences in the future thats for sure.

That is all there is to it to get a lean, fit physique. Trust me, I know what I am talking about, I have been doing this for 11 years. I build my body into what it is now with hard work, clean eating and determination. 11 years ago, I used to hate exercise and rather sit in front of the TV and eat chips, so if I can do it you can too!

Check out my youtube channel for workout tips:
 http://www.youtube.com/user/AngeliqueKrone?feature=mhum

2 comments:

  1. Great post! People want a quick fix and not have to work. Unfortunately, that is what Americans do on most things. Our health don't work that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you on the food should be fuel. One should eat to live, not live to eat.
    Thanks for the tip about regular exercisers - interval training. That's what I've been implementing this week.

    ReplyDelete