Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hockey is a Sport for True Canadians

I enjoy hockey and have been a Vancouver Canucks fan since I was a little girl. I enjoyed watching hockey with my dad and enjoyed every game the Canucks played. Sometimes I would really take it to heart when they would lose, and I will always remember 1994 when the Vancouver Canucks lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals against the New York Rangers. I was absolutely mortified and upset, so upset I couldn't watch the regular season the following year.

In 1994 there were riots in Vancouver after the Canucks lost game 7. I did not think too much about it back then but did think about how silly people were to act this way, but really did not give it too much thought.

Finally the Vancouver Canucks make it to the Stanley Cup finals in 2011, and unfortunately they lose. I feel upset again but now that I am an adult, I realize it is not the end of the world. It really would have been nice for them to finally win the Stanley Cup. Unfortunately Vancouver has a repeat of 1994.


This picture is a disgrace to me and to a lot of Vancouver Canucks fans and Canadians everywhere. Now that I am an adult, I am totally humiliated over the actions of these so called "fans". I was upset too last night and I really did think that the Canucks would finally win the Stanley Cup. I have been waiting for this all my life, but I feel more upset about what these people did on the streets of downtown Vancouver.

These people are not real fans, this is just an excuse to act like complete jerks. One day these people will look back at their actions and feel like complete morons about it. Not only are they an embarrassment to the city of Vancouver, they are an embarrassment to BC, to Canada, to real Canuck fans and mostly to the Vancouver Canucks themselves. They worked hard all year to get to the Stanley Cup finals and this is how they get thanked.

This is just a game and it is not the end of the world. Yes I am a little upset still, but I am more upset with these ridiculous riots. This morning on the news, they announced that damages were estimated at 1 million dollars! Wow great job bunch of drunk idiots.

I feel bad for all the people who got stuck in the riots and couldn't get out, I feel bad for those who were injured and did not deserve it, I feel bad for people's damaged property, I feel bad for businesses that were looted and destroyed, and mostly I feel bad about calling these rioters Canadians.

Hockey is our beloved Canadian sport, lets keep it this way and remain civil with each other!

Go Canucks Go!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your truly a fan. And I hope that they one day do win the championship just so that I can see the joyment and smile you will have since you have had 2 see this twice in your lifetime. I'm not much of a hockey fan but I'm in LA so go Kings. I love football go cowboys and I love baseball go yankees! I hope the canucks take it all the way next year just for you!! Str8fit all the way!! They won't stop until the get that championship and then they won't stop. Great post! I can't wait to start blogging about my Str8fit journey! Good stuff Angelique... Much love Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks buddy, you rock! Cant wait to start reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete