Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Goals

I just competed at the WBFF Alberta Championships on the weekend and got my butt kicked. It was an eye opening experience for me because I realized how much work I actually need to get to the Pro Status that I am dreaming of.

As I waited in my line up looking at the girls I was about to compete against in the figure short category, I knew that I got my butt kicked before stepping on stage. Its not a bad attitude, or feeling nervous. I have done enough shows that I know what kind of body is going to take top 5 and I did not have it compared to the other girls.

I was not upset, like I said, it was an eye opening experience for me. I realized that I need to take time off from competing and put on major size before I even think of stepping on stage again. This was my 10th show, and I am no longer doing this as a goal, or doing this for fun. I am in it to win and I will not compete again until I believe I can take 1st place, overall and my pro card.

I had a lot of the same reactions from people like "oh the judges were blind" or "you have no fat, how can you lose?" It is not that simple. Basically I was not muscular enough or lean enough. Yes I was very lean, but I still was not lean enough against these other girls. I also need to put on a fair amount of muscle if I am going to continue with figure competitions.

I do not lie to myself or my clients that I train for shows, and that is why I am so honest with everyone about competitions. I know what the judges are looking for, and to have extra body fat on you is not going to get you in that top 3 spot, and possibly not in top 5.

Competing in bodybuilding is one of the hardest sports out there, not only physically but mentally. You are up on stage and getting judged by the way you look. People have a hard enough time going out in public without worrying about what others think of them, never mind going up on stage half naked and asking to be judged.

They pick apart every inch of your body, and if you do not look good enough in their eyes, you do not place. Simple as that. I can see why people get discouraged when they compete, it is very hard physically and emotionally.

I am actually OK and wish people would stop thinking I am absolutely upset and discouraged. I am not! Like I said this was very eye opening to me and I realize what I have to work on before I decide to step back on stage again. It is definitely going to take some time, and time is what I am going to have to give myself. Some things cannot be rushed in life, and this is one thing that definitely cannot be rushed.

Time to hit the weights!

5 comments:

  1. You have such a positive attitude surrounding the sport you practice and in this regards also, you are a big inspiration. Good luck with preparing for the next show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outlook! You know what you need to do and will make strides to get to the top : )
    I really do hope you get your pro card, but for now, rooting for you to put on the muscle you need and kick butt the next time around!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for not making excuses for yourself and using the competition as feedback. Now that you've gone through it, you have set new goals for yourself and you have the vision and desire to make it happen! Can't wait to see what you accomplish in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. Sometimes people mean the best, but they don't understand. Just do what you need to and take the win! ;)

    ReplyDelete