Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Friday, July 8, 2011

Weight Training for Fat Loss

I was just reading the latest issue of Oxygen Magazine and was shocked to read an email sent by an angry girl called Meghan. Its cool that Oxygen and Robert Kennedy will post every email, but I wish they responded to her angry email for everyone to read, especially people just as confused and upset as Meghan.

This is what Meghan wrote:


"I hate to be so blunt about it, but lately I've come to the conclusion that Oxygen sucks! You say that exercise and a clean diet are the only ways to fat loss, but I've been runnning on the treadmill everyday and I still have a spare tire around my stomach. How do you explain that one? I'm so discouraged that I don't even want to try any of your weightlifting routines! If a treadmill doesn't help me, then what's the point of even trying? I'm fed up and disgusted with your magazine. Nothing you say can make me fit."

I will explain and hopefully Meghan may run into this blog one day.

You can't just do cardio! Cardio will make you a skinnier version of what you were before. Some girls are ok with this, but if you want to change the way your body looks and slim down your "spare tire" you have to train with weights. Weight training builds muscle, and the more muscle you have the less fat you will have. Muscle burns calories at a faster rate making a person's body leaner. Muscle also makes your metabolism faster which is the greatest thing in the world!

I have been reading Oxygen magazine for 11 years now, and this is the magazine that motivated me to make major changes in my life. I used to eat very poorly everyday, and I never exercised. I started gaining weight and I was very unhappy with my body and my life. I thank Oxygen magazine for the articles and weight training routines.

A mix of heavy weight training, cardio and clean eating has completely changed my life. Not only do I look better, I feel better, have more energy and finally have the 6 pack that I was dreaming of. I used to have a spare tire and that is completely gone now.

Also clean eating to me is not protein shakes and protein bars. Its whole foods that grow on trees and out of the ground, and also organic free run chicken and eggs, and wild caught fish. I avoid sugar as much as possible, and never eat fried foods or foods swimming in sauces and dressings.

These are the things that need to be done in order to get a lean and muscular physique, and you can't blame a magazine for your own failures. You have to try harder and make an effort, and never give up!

3 comments:

  1. Very good points Angelique! I for one need to clean up my eating because I live off protein bars and non-clean food. I watch portions, I watch calories, but I never cared if it was grown or not. Maybe I should? I need to increase my lifting time its been cut back big time. How often do you recommend lifting vs. cardio to get lean?

    Feel free to email me! I don't get your replies if you do reply from your blog. TMGirl60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelique, obviously this woman did not read the Oxygen magazine correctly. They also say that you can not lose weight without weight training, just like you stated now. So that she must have missed and that is her own fault for not getting the results she was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are right, she obviously is not reading the magazines properly! I did and this is what I look like now!

    ReplyDelete