Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Breakfast Yam Casserole

I got this idea from my client Jewlee this morning while I was training her. Jewlee actually mashes her yams first, but I decided to slice my yams very thin for this recipe.

1 small yam(160 grams)
1 egg
1 cup egg whites
2 cups spinach
Sliced onions

Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Slice yams very thin and cover the bottom of dish. Layer with 1 cup of spinach. Whisk egg whites and egg together and add whatever spices you like(I used pepper and paprika). Pour half the mixture on top of yams and spinach. Add next layer of yams and spinach and pour remaining eggs on top. Bake for 30 minutes.

Nutritional break down:

Calories in half the dish 201
Protein 18 grams
Carbs 23 grams
Fat 2.5 grams




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment