Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Favorite Treats

Chocolate peanut butter protein cups, my new favorite treat! Also super easy to make :)
Mix 1/2 cup cocoa and 1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder together with a whisk. Add enough water until it all blends together and becomes thick but runny. Add stevia (I used vanilla stevia drops) and blend. In a muffin tin lined with paper cups or silicone muffin cups, fill the bottom with chocolate mixture, add 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter in each and top with chocolate. Freeze 1 hour or until set. You can make 6 small peanut butter cups or 4 large ones.




I also finally tried a cauliflower pizza crust recipe. Turned out better then I expected.
Take leaves and stems off cauliflower head, break into pieces, wash and dry. When completely dried, pulse cauliflower in food processor until it looks like rice. Be careful not to over process or the cauliflower will turn to mush.
Preheat oven to 450F. Get all your toppings ready first since the crust has to bake first.
Pour into a bowl and add 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese. Add 1 beaten egg and spices like basil, thyme, oregano and pepper. I also added 1 minced garlic clove. Mix together. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray and pour mixture on top. Pat down with hands, making the crust as thin as you want. Bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure center is cooked before adding the toppings. When toppings are added, broil 3-5 minutes, careful not to burn.
I didn't add pizza sauce because I was scared that it would leave the crust too moist, but I did brush on olive oil mixed with the same spices that I added in the crust. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment