Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: my year in review

2012 went by fast! Seems like it was just summer, now we are ready to ring in a new year.

This has been a great year for me. I celebrated 2012 on a roof top bar in Bangkok, Thailand, and that is how I started 2012. I travelled around Thailand for the month of January, and it was an experience I will never forget!

I saw a lot and did a lot. Ran on a lot of beaches, trained at a few random gyms with no shoes on, drove on some questionable roads with a little motorcycle, drank a lot of coconuts and ate more pineapple than I have ever eaten in my whole life. I hiked, kayaked(very poorly I must say), went on a lot of boats, got caught in a few down pours, got drunk in Phuket in the red light district, ate street food(something I said I would never do), stayed in a Muay Thai camp for 3 days, got stung by jelly fish, slept with ants, slept with dogs, slept on the beach, watched random fireworks, watched the sunset many times, took a cooking class, rode an elephant, danced the night away with flame throwers, ate 7lbs of squid in one sitting, ate dinner on the beach, had my breath taken away a few times by the scenery.

This was the beginning of self-realizations and my eyes being opened. I realized that there is much more to life than I expected.

Best trip of my life and I look forward to travelling back there one day soon.





Came back from Thailand and shortly after was sponsored by a women's fitness clothing company called DA Active. They are based out of Boston, but now have shops open in New York, Chicago and California. I felt so lucky and honoured to represent their amazing product! Check them out www.daactive.com






I made some amazing friends this year, and not only that, good friends from before became great friends. I cannot believe all the awesome friends I have made in the last two years and feel totally blessed. It's really a good feeling knowing that you always have someone there for you at anytime, and friends like this was always hard for me to find. Now they are everywhere :)



I travelled to Seattle for the first time in my life this year in June for a photo shoot. I couldn't believe that I never went there before, so I went back again in November for my first Seahawks game! It was so fun! I love Seattle and I fell in love with it the first day that I was there. I love the culture, the laid back atmosphere and I loved Pike Place! Oh and I definitely loved the smoked fish at the fish market!






Took 2nd at BC Provincials in June in the bikini division, a category I never thought I would do. I went to Canadian Nationals for the first time in my life. Great experience, but realized that bikini is not my thing. It was fun, but I will go back to figure when the time is right. Just not anytime soon. I went with some awesome people to both competitions, and had a lot of fun. These competitions started great friendships, as well as some more self-realizations.





I went to California and also to Disney Land! Never been to Disney Land and I always felt like I was the only person in the world that never went. But 5 hours was a long enough visit there, lol!

We flew into San Diego, travelled all the way to Anaheim, and down close to the Mexico border. We also got together with friends from Kelowna there too. Small world! Had a great time, and this trip made me want to be a beach bum even more than ever. Some of my favourite places were Mission Beach right in San Diego, and a few small towns; La Jolla and Del Mar.





I also went on a quick trip to Montreal to go visit my family. It was really nice to see them and I had such a blast in a short time! I surprised them, they actually didn't know I was coming. I went to a few gyms, went on a crazy run, went to a wedding and had a little too much wine with my sister.....





Now December has flown by, and new things are coming. New adventures and new experiences. Fitness has been a part of my life for so long, and it will continue on this way. But next year may hold something different for me in this industry. New things await me, also new travels and more fun times with great friends.

Happy New Year and see you in 2013!

- Angelique K

No comments:

Post a Comment