Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Adventures of MsFitBC: 1 night in Jaco

We hit the road after a totally awesome beach workout and drove to Jaco. It was only about 1 hour away from Manuel Antonio.

When we got to Jaco, we immediately regretted only booking one night. What a busy place! So many amenities and the beach was huge!

We found our hotel and I loved it right away. The owner Celine was the sweetest woman that I encountered on our trip. She was helpful and had lots of tips for us. She even let us know about a surf contest that was going on in the afternoon, and we knew we had to go to that!

Before we went to the beach, we decided to relax at the hotel. I loved the chill vibe, and Celine had 2 cats, one that she rescued from the garbage. People are so cruel. Don't get a pet if you are just planning on abandoning it, especially throwing the animal away! It's not fair, these poor animals don't know what's going on. I am happy people like Celine are around.





Anyways, enough of my rant. We relaxed at the hotel.





It was a small place and had a communal kitchen. That was exciting since I am so sick of eating out to the point that I have been living of pineapples and coconuts.

We went to Jaco beach and watched the surf contest, it was pretty cool. I actually had no idea what was going on, but it was a very busy and fun atmosphere. There were DJ's, beach bars and hundreds of people on the beach.

In the evening we went to a popular sports bar called Los Amigos to watch the first women's UFC event. What a packed place. Downtown Jaco was busy in general though, and the police presence was very apparent. They were doing road checks, I am assuming for drinking and driving since it was a Saturday night.

Sunday morning we had to leave and it was a shame because we really liked it there! I used their kitchen to make scrambled eggs and fruit, and had a quiet breakfast with the cats. As I was eating, I saw a few huge parrots fly over me a couple of times. Beautiful birds but so noisy!

On our way to Tamarindo, we stopped at the famous Tarcoles bridge and saw the crocodiles. There were so many! Watch the YouTube video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrCfyz-j8Y

Now for our 3 1/2 hour drive to Tamarindo!

- Angelique K

No comments:

Post a Comment