Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Low Calories Summer Drinks

I just love summertime! It's my favourite season and always will be. The only problem with summer, there are way too many get togethers and everyone wants to booze it up!

Not only is alcohol high in calories, it's an empty calorie and alcohol adds extra sugar to your diet that can effect your weight loss goals. Also, alcohol has a catabolic effect on muscle mass, so if you are training hard at the gym and getting hammered every weekend, this can be a reason why you aren't seeing the gains you want. And now that I am getting older, I sure feel the effects of alcohol the next day even after 2 drinks. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Here are a few alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks that are great ideas for summer parties that won't put extra fat on your behind.

1. Water with lemon juice and vanilla stevia
This one is my favourite! So simple, in water mix a few drops of vanilla stevia(more if you like it sweeter), and a few drops of lemon juice. Add some ice cubes and you have a yummy sweet drink!




2. Iced Tea
No I don't use the powder stuff full of sugar and additives from the store. I actually take my time and brew some tea first. I usually use some fruit flavoured tea. Use at least 4 bags to get lots of flavour and brew it for 1/2 hour or more. Let it cool then pour it into a tall jug with ice cubes. You can add some stevia or fruit. One of my favourites is green tea with lemon wedges. Try it!




3. White wine with flavoured sparkling water
My friend gave me this idea, and it's a great idea. Cuts back on the amount of alcohol you ingest, but you are still having a cocktail. You can find naturally flavoured sparkling water in the store, and I have seen lime, pomegranate, and blueberry. In a glass pour 2-3 oz of white wine and fill with sparkling water and a few ice cubes.





4. Gin and club soda
At about 60 calories a shot, Gin is the lowest calorie alcohol out there. Skip the tonic and use club soda instead. Pour it into a tall glass so it lasts longer and add a lime wedge.





- Angelique K

No comments:

Post a Comment