Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, September 28, 2015

I Understand

The fitness world is drowning. It's drowning in bad advice and terrible fitness myths. Everyday I see posts about people training on low calorie diets. But in general, most people eat low calories to lose the weight. People are obsessed with low calorie diets. It may work for a short time, but after a while it just stops working.

You may ask yourself, "why is this not working anymore?" It just gets harder and harder to lose the weight, and it's totally confusing to you. After your diet ends, the weight comes back faster, and not only that, you put on more weight than before. You keep trying to lose the weight, and you keep adding more cardio on top of eating less and less, until one day your body is right pissed off at you. You start losing hair, you keep breaking out, you stop getting your period and your hormones are completely messed up. You are sensitive to foods that you never had a problem with before. Not only that, you are 20+ pounds heavier than you have ever been in your life.

I know all of this because I have been through it.

I UNDERSTAND.

I fully admit that I made a huge mistake in the past. I didn't educate myself and really didn't think it would be a big deal to eat low calories all the time. And guess what? It wasn't a big deal, for a long time. My body seemed fine. I was obsessed with competing and wanted to get lean, no matter what. I listened to bad coaching and it stuck with me for years. Then one magical day, I learned a hard lesson, and it was a very long and hard lesson to learn.

I wish I had pictures during my reverse diet, but I don't have any good ones to share with you because I was embarrassed at the time. After all, I was a competition prep coach! I was a trainer that people
looked up to! How could I be so dumb?


It took me two years for my reverse diet to work. 2 YEARS! I watched myself gain more and more weight, and I became more and more depressed. My clothes didn't fit and I would cancel plans with my friends. It was awful. Then 2 years ago, my body started changing and shrinking back to my normal self. I finally felt like my body was healthier and my metabolism was on track.

This year right after my last competition(which by the way I decided to retire from indefinitely), I went to Italy and ate pasta, ate gelato, and drank a lot of wine. I drank A LOT OF WINE. I gained 1 pound! Since I have been back, I have lost the 1 pound, AND I only gained back 4 pounds of the 8 that I lost for my competition.

How did I do it?

I didn't "diet" for my competition. I ate healthy, worked out extra hard and went on long walks or hikes as an extra workout. I didn't feel stressed and I realized my body was happy with that and that was all the extra effort I needed to put in for weight loss. My metabolism stayed healthy and my body showed me on my trip how awesome it really was, and burned off the extra calories that I consumed.




Time to make a change. Time to stop abusing your body. Time to stop the low calorie, low carb, low fat diets and time to stop doing hours of cardio. It's time to start treating your body right.

Eat healthy. Eat carbs. Eat fat. Stop damaging yourself. But it's hard. It's a hard concept to grasp that you have to eat more than 1200 calories per day. Not only is it hard, it's very very scary.

If you need help with reverse dieting or training, contact me today. I understand what you are going through.

msfitbc@hotmail.com
facebook.com/Angeliquefitness
twitter.com/msfitbc
www.kelownanow.com/Muscle_Up


-Angelique Kronebusch

No comments:

Post a Comment