Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Saturday, February 27, 2016

AIP Cream of Mushroom Soup and Raw Carrot Cake

This sick week I have had made me a very bored individual. I can't stand sitting around, no matter how awful I feel. But seriously flu, get out of my body!

Anyways, this week I made more butternut squash soup, zucchini turkey meat balls(recipe coming soon), cream of mushroom soup and raw carrot cake. I loved it all but the carrot cake was so delicious, I actually was amazed with myself :D

I have been trying to eat more fish on my new AIP diet, and today I had a special delivery of a lot of sashimi. I definitely couldn't eat it all. As humans, we eat too much denatured protein. It's not good for us at all. Dry, overcooked tissue proteins are extremely hard to digest and lacking in much of their original nourishment potential. High temperatures is what causes denatured protein. When we cook the crap out of our protein, the amino acids lose much or all of their immune enhancing potential. If you aren't into eating fish and only like eating chicken and turkey, you need to supplement with Omega 3. Poultry is high in Omega 6 and most of us are missing out on the health benefits of the amazing Omega 3. I supplement with 4 capsules of Nutrasea concentrate per day to reduce inflammation.


Anyways, I have never made mushroom soup before, and I saw a recipe on Pinterest that looked interesting and I decided to give it my own flair. There's nothing more than I love is good food that is super easy to make, and this soup was super easy.

Here is my recipe for my Cream of Mushroom soup!

Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 an onion, chopped
4 Portobello mushrooms, chopped
2-2 1/2 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth(get one that isn't filled with msg, yeast extract, guar gum or other weird additives)
3/4 cup canned coconut milk(chilled so the fat raises, again buy one with no fillers like guar gum)
Salt to taste

Pan fry the olive oil and onions in a large pot until the onions are soft, 5-7 minutes. Throw in the mushrooms and pan fry for another 5 minutes until soft. Pour in broth and coconut cream and boil for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, blend the soup until thick. If the soup is too thick add more broth, if its too runny mix some arrowroot powder in a bit of water and blend in with the soup. Serve and add parsley for garnish(just to look fancy really)





Now dessert



 Carrot Cake:

1/2 cup raisins
1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
4 small carrots, if using baby carrots use 6
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla(has to be alcohol free for AIP)

Frosting:

3/4 cup coconut butter(I use cocomana)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2-4 tbsp. coconut milk

Using a food processor, process all carrot cake ingredients until chopped up but not pureed. Line 6 muffin cups with liner and press in the batter and freeze 2 hours or overnight.

Mean while blend all frosting ingredients until soft. You can leave it on the counter. When serving the carrot cake, let sit on a plate 10-15 minutes so it softens up a bit. Add frosting on top as fancy as you like(mine wasn't too fancy) and devour. It's to die for trust me!






No comments:

Post a Comment