Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Allergy Free Butternut Squash Soup

Since I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder(hashimoto disease), I have had to cut many things out of my diet that causes inflammation so my immune system stops attacking my thyroid gland. By Saturday, I wanted to give up on food and stop eating. I actually did think that for about 10 minutes. But I quickly snapped out of it and decided I better keep figuring things out for myself because I like to eat!

My biggest challenge has been breakfast. I loved eating eggs and oatmeal in the morning. I loved making omelettes and loved making protein pancakes. I obviously haven't been able to eat any of this and trying to make pancakes that don't fall apart or become a total mess has been a fail. I still have to try a flax seed concoction as an egg substitute to see if that really works.

Anyways, lunch today was great. I had wild sockeye salmon with sautéed spinach in coconut oil. I also had homemade butternut squash soup that was really easy to make. I used a vegetable broth because I can't have beef broth and the chicken broth had too many ingredients in it. I can't have any additives or guar gum, which is made from a legume and I cannot have legumes in my diet. I also used full fat coconut milk from a can, and same thing as the broth, not all coconut milk is made the same. You have to find coconut milk that isn't made with guar gum and that can be challenging.



So here is my super easy butternut squash soup recipe!

2-3 butternut squash, peel with a knife and cube
3 large carrots
2-3 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. dried oregano

Boil all ingredients together until soft. Cool slightly and blend with a Braun hand mixer or in a blender. Add a whole can of coconut milk, mostly the fat. Mix until blended.


1 comment: