Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Sunday, February 21, 2016

AIP Journey for Health

It's funny how a human body works. I have been training for 16 years non stop. I have changed my diet for the better, and over the years I have made more tweaks. More omega 3 for inflammation, B complex for energy and immune support, more water, more greens, less protein from meats and more protein from other sources like eggs and isolate. I have seen my body shift and get leaner.

Funny thing is, you don't expect your body to fail you when you are this active and healthy.

Recently I have been diagnosed with anemia and also an autoimmune disorder. I was floored. First I was shocked, then I cried out of anger because "how could this happen to me? I'm so healthy!" Then the acceptance came and so did memories from years ago. Memories just flooded my head.

For many years, I have had some strange symptoms like thinning eye lashes and eye brows(I have been getting my eyebrows tattooed on for years), painful joint swelling literally right in front of my eyes, unexplained weight gain, moodiness, forgetfulness, tired after a long nights rest, sluggishness after eating a bowl of oats for breakfast. My stylist checks the back of my head every time I'm in because I have a bald spot and she asked if I have alopecia. I was like "uhhh I have the most hair out of anyone I know, that's impossible." Mmmmm......

I also remember years ago training clients in the gym and wanting to fall asleep standing up. I just pushed it aside and thought, "of course I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well, I work all the time, I'm training for a figure competition", etc etc. That's not normal.

When the blood work came and my doctor and I talked about it, all the pieces fell together. All the weird symptoms that were sending alarm bells in my head finally made sense, and I realized I wasn't being crazy.

After a long talk with my doctor, my plan of attack is my diet. Things have been causing inflammation in my body that I didn't realize, like whey isolate, eggs and the occasional protein cookie with wheat I was having here and there. Right now, none of this is more important than my health.

I have been studying the AIP(Autoimmune Paleo) diet for autoimmune disorders. Let me tell you, it's a tough one to figure out. I really don't want to start eating meat at every meal just to keep my protein up. I train hard and I'm not losing all this muscle I put on over the years!

I decided to give hemp protein a shot, and also start figuring out interesting recipes for me to try out. Anyone that knows me knows I like to play around with recipes. All I can say is thank goodness that coconut is good for me!

So this is my challenge to myself, find out ways to eat in the most cleanest form you can think of to heal myself drug free. I'm sure this hits a lot of you hard right now. This may be you. Follow my journey of my new life.

So far paleo pancakes have been a major fail, but I saw this breakfast recipe on Pinterest last night for carrot cake breakfast porridge, and I decided to give it a shot with my own flair. Here it is, enjoy!




Carrot Cake Breakfast Porridge


1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut fat, from on top of the can
1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk

2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
1 medium carrot, chopped or grated
Cinnamon
Ginger(optional)

1 tbsp raisins(optional)

Coconut fat with cinnamon for topping

Put first 7 ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer 5-7 minutes until carrots are soft. With a Braun hand mixer or a regular mixer, blend everything until smooth. Pour in a bowl. Sprinkle raisins and spoon coconut topping on top and enjoy!

Sounds weird but tasted damn good 😍



-Angelique Kronebusch

No comments:

Post a Comment