Buy Programs Online!

Programs

Monday, April 4, 2016

My 3 Favorite Treats

Original post on Kelowna Now

Ever since I talked about being on an Autoimmune Paleo diet, I get asked a lot of questions by friends and members at Global Fitness Centre. Mostly people are just curious because they don't know how I would have fun eating the way I do. The good thing about me is, I have always been a creative chef in the kitchen, always trying to find different ways to have healthy and delicious meals and snacks.  

I have always chose healthy options for myself for years now, so cutting out more foods out of my diet wasn't too hard. I chose not to eat gluten, soy and most grains, and cut dairy last year, so little to my knowledge, I was already half way into an Autoimmune Paleo diet anyways. 

I definitely don't eat boring, and always keep myself entertained with new ideas and recipes and below are my 3 favorite treats that I have come up with this last month, and they have been recurring in my household! 

BREAKFAST: SWEET POTATO BANANA PANCAKES 


This has been an absolute favorite of mine, sweet potato banana pancakes! Preheat oven to 425F and shred 2 sweet potatoes in a food processor, then pour in a bowl. Add 2 ripe bananas, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp coconut flour and 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and shape into patties. Bake 10 min per side and keep flipping until crispy on the outside. Serve immediately with turkey bacon and maybe a dollop of coconut cream! 

MID DAY SNACK: HEMP CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BALLS 



To be honest I don't have the approximate measurements, I really just dump everything in. If the mixture is too dry, I will add more honey or coconut butter. In a food processor, blend 3-4 tbsp coconut butter with 6 dates. Pour in a bowl and stir in 1-2 tbsp unpasteurized honey, 4 scoops hemp protein, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes. Roll into balls and refrigerate until they harden. 

DESSERT: CHOCOLATE BANANA COCONUT ICE CREAM 



Open up a can of refrigerated full fat coconut milk and pour in a food processor along with 2 ripe bananas and 2 tbsp cocoa powder. Pour in a container a freeze 4 hours for soft ice cream or overnight for hard ice cream. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment